Experienced And Attentive Guidance To Confidently Find The Best Solutions

Photo of attorney Laura Helmbrecht
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Divorce/Dissolution
  4.  » Child Support

In This Section

Photo of Attorney Laura Helmbrecht
Laura Helmbrecht, Attorney at Law

Call For Help

How Much Child Support Do Your Kids Need?

When you get divorced, you are still legally obligated to provide financial support to your children.

Family law attorney Laura Helmbrecht provides clear guidance through child support matters, ensuring that you are treated fairly in this decree. Whether you will be paying support or receiving support on behalf of your children, she advocates to make sure that a fair decree is granted. Your child’s best interests will always be the utmost priority.

Work with an attorney who will safeguard the best interests of your children while protecting your rights. Call Laura Helmbrecht in Columbus, Ohio, for a consultation: 614-929-3164.

Customized Solutions In Child Support Matters

The state of Ohio has established statutory schedules that guide parents and courts in child support matters. These are based on family income, including sources of income of the mother and father, salaries, overtime, bonuses, investment dividends, interests and self-employment.

The incomes of both parents will be compared to costs for the child, including day care, health insurance, taxes, cost of extracurricular activities and any existing support orders.

The court will take into account the custody and visitation arrangement in place, including which parent will be providing primary custody and residence, as well as how much time the other parent will spend with the child on a regular basis.

Child support payments generally continue until the child turns 18 or graduates high school. In some cases, certain payments can be extended to support a child attending college.

Talk To A Lawyer About Your Specific Concerns

Attorney Laura Helmbrecht provides individualized guidance through these decisions, always offering solutions that protect your best interests and those of your child. Call her today for a consultation: 614-929-3164 or contact us online.

In This Section